Insei Awarded Master Task Order to Support WIPP Operations
On October 15, 2005 Insei was awarded a five year Master Task Order (MTO) by Washington TRU Solutions to perform software engineering and technical services required to maintain, support, and revise the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant Waste Information System (WWIS) and related databases.
Washington TRU Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of Washington Group International and the prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for managing and operating the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) located in Carlsbad, New Mexico. This MTO is critical to the day-to-day operations of WIPP for ensuring the safe and effective processing, shipment, and emplacement of nuclear waste at WIPP from the various DOE generator sites throughout the United States.
Some of the tasks that will be performed on this MTO are as follows.
- The immediate start of the project to develop the WIPP Remote-Handled Transuranic Waste Authorization Methods for Payload Control (RH-TRAMPAC) software application. The RH-TRAMPAC application is the governing data certification process for payload shipments being made in the 72-B Cask.
- Provide WWIS software upgrades and technical support to the current requirement document versions, including:
- Waste Acceptance Criteria
- Waste Analysis Plan, other Hazardous Waste Plan revisions
- TRAMPAC updates/revisions as required
- WWIS revision per user requests (WWIS Software Modification Requests)
- Updates to the magnesium oxide tracking database
- WWIS modification to allow new shipping packages and overpacking configurations:
- New overpacking configurations
- Automated TRUCON Code system 5
- Development of WWIS features including Decay Analysis – RADAC (Radioactive Decay and Accumulation Code)
- Technical support to answer questions from e-TRAMPAC Users